The midi aka mid-length skirts, hard to pull it off? In my opinion the answer is no. You just have to find the right balance in the look.
1. Focus on your waist: Keeping the focus on the slimmest part of your body. Use a belt or choose a slim top.
2. Mix and Match: Avoid that granny look. Style your midi with a loose t-shirt, a leather biker, a destroyed denim jacket or a laid-back sweatshirt (the way I love to wear my midi).
3. The Fabric: Midis are often charged with being unflattering, but that’s as much to do with the fabric and the shape of the skirt. Invest in good quality, silk for example.
4. Heel it up: Heels are an instant way to pimp up the look. Especially if you aren’t tall enough. Choose a block heel sandal, to keep it cool and comfy. I prefer to wear the midi with sneakers. I love to mix styles, since the silk midi is super feminine and classic.
5. The right accessories. Very important! Play with the colors of your bag, sunglasses, jewelry, lipstick and nail polish.
Skirt: L.K Bennett, T-shirt: Cos, Shoes: Nike Air Force, Bag: Celine, Sunglasses: Dior, Bracelets: Ibiza market + Colette