I’m writing this blogpost with a big smile on my face. To be honest I’m laughing out loud. I have so many good memories about my last trip to Amsterdam. I had so much fun, I don’t think I had ever so much fun as over that weekend. I went to Amsterdam with a friend from Milan. We basically visited all my favorite places in town. And next to my favorite places we discovered some new hotspots together. Spot I have to share with you. So take your pen and add these new spots to your Amsterdam city guide.
p.s We had dinner at Le Coq: Westerdokplein 20. (it was unfortunately too dark to snap a good photo). But this pop up restaurant is definitely a must visit. We tried the best Tuna Taco’s EVER!
1. We stayed at the Art’otel Amsterdam. I visited this hotel before but just for events. I was very curious about the rooms. The Art’otel is a hotel where luxury, art, lifestyle and design blend. The art is crafted by Rotterdam-based design studio Atelier Van Lieshout. Atelier van Lieshout’s “Course of Life” theme runs continuously throughout the public spaces and rooms. You can find provocative sculptures of individual body parts and entire human forms.
2. The hotel is located in the city centre of Amsterdam opposite the iconic Central Station. The city’s finest attractions, Dam Square, Rijksmuseum, the Anne Frank House, the Westergas and Jordaan (my favorite area) are a short walk away. Super super central! The ultimate location to explore the city.
3. Art’otel Amsterdam features 107 designer rooms ranging from Art Rooms to Masterpiece Suites. All the rooms are modern and comfortable.
4. Next to the location, the art, the comfortable rooms, the great service this art & design hotel in Amsterdam houses a bar, restaurant, lounge, library and gallery all under one roof. ps. best cocktails in town! Location: Prins Hendrikkade 33, 1012 TM Amsterdam.
5. De Jordaan area
6. SeeMe. SeeMe is a fair trade certified organisation that empowers women victims of violence to lead independent lives through the provision of sustainable work. Each of the items is uniquely handcrafted in Tunisia and Turkey by women trained as artisans coming for the shelter home run by the Amal association in Tunis and by the Keid association in Ankara.The new flagship store located in the Haarlemmerstraat 72. A must visit and don’t leave the store without buying a heart.
7. Salon Heleen Hulsmann. My favorite store in town. A private second hand designer store. Next to the store, the owner (Heleen) is a big source of inspiration to me. Location: De Lairessestraat 13b. ps email me if you want to make an appointment with Heleen. A must-must-must visit!
8. Noordermarkt. Tip: The Farmers market on Saturday and Flea Market on Monday Morning.
9. Tamago. A new discovery. Tamago collects and provides a mix of consigned, vintage, new designer collections and other beautiful authentic items. From Acne, Dries van Noten till Isabel Marant. Location: Spiegelgracht 13
10. Morgan & Mees. The coolest place to be for brunch, wining and dining in the Frederiksbuurt. We experienced the Ketel One Bloody Mary brunch. The place is cool, the food delicious and the Bloody Marys are so tasty! We even got the opportunity to create our own version of the Bloody Mary. Trust me this is the ultimate brunch experience for every cocktail lover.
11. Mata Hari a bar/restaurant located in the center of Amsterdam (red light district). I love the vintage interior (atmospheric lighting and retro chairs) at this place. Next to the cool and cozy atmosphere the food is great. In my opinion the perfect spot for a drink.
Location: Oudezijds Achterburgwal 22
12. Life Quote: Life is short, live your dream and wear your passion. This is YOUR life. Do what you love. And do it often. If you don’t like something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop. They will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. Stop over analyzing, all emotions are beautiful. Life is simple. When you eat appreciate every last bite. Open your mind,arms and heart to new things and people. We are united in our differences. Ask the next person you see what their passion is and share your inspiring dream. Travel often: getting lost will help to find yourself. Some opportunities only come once. Seize them. Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them. So go out and start creating.