Crop tops, you either love them or hate them. I love them, but I have to admit, it’s not the easiest piece to style. They were a big trend in the 90′s. Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and not to mention the Spice Girls were big fans of this tiny piece of clothing. And they have taken over the runways for Spring 2014. In my opinion crop tops are a wardrobe essential. I created a moodboard of my favorite street style icons wearing the crop top. I want to show you there are all sorts of different kinds of crop tops to wear and all sorts of different ways to wear them.
1.Pair it with a high waisted bottom garment.
2. Try a loose fitting style (like the top I’m wearing).
3. Top the top with jacket or cardigan.
4. If you have the feeling your showing too much skin try a crop top with long sleeves or high neckline
5. Accessorize with a long necklace
6. Style the top with a maxi skirt or wide leg pants
7. Layer a crop top over a long shirt
8. Wear the top under a overall
9. Wear the same print or pattern on the top and bottom
10. And last but not least, Fashion is Fun!
Crop Top: M Missoni, Skirt: Come for Breakfast, Sunglasses: Manifesto