I’m obsessed with nail polish, but I’m currently crushing on gold and glitter polish. Whether it’s a decadent jewel tone, a soft golden shimmer, shiny metallics, matte or glitter. There’s a hue to suit my mood and outfit. The gold and glitter polish is a beauty bag must have.From the runway, red carpet to the beauty counters. Gold and glitter nail polish is glamorous, festive and a perfect way to spice up your look. And believe me it’s not that hard to apply. I followed the 5 steps below and succeeded to create the best glitter nails ever.
1. Start with short, square-filed nails.
2. Start by applying a clear base coat. This not only helps to create a smooth canvas for the colored lacquer to go over, it also increases the longevity of your manicure, in addition to resulting in fewer chips.
3. Since most glitter nail polishes have a translucent polish with colored glitter flecks, you’ll need to apply 2 coats of opaque gold nail polish first. This creates a solid base color, which heightens the overall effect of this look.
4. After the opaque gold nail polish dries, apply 1-2 coats of gold glitter nail polish.
5. As a final touch, apply one thin coat of high-shine top coat, to protect your tips and add a glossy finish to your manicure.