A selfie a day keeps the doctor away. One of my favorites quotes. How often do you take a selfie? Some psychologists are saying that people who take a lof of selfies ar mentally ill. I disagree. I love taking selfies, at least one a day. I usually take a selfie during a happy moment. A moment I like to share. But how do you take the best selfie and share the best one? I shared my tips on Glamour Italia.
1. The Background. Consider your background. If you want nothing but your face focus of the shot, choose a clear and neutral background (like a wall). I usually search for a clear background when I want to show my new lipstick, sunglasses, lashes or hair do. If the reason of your selfie is the setting (if you would like to share the moment) or the location. Try to blend your face with your surroundings. Be aware of photo-bombers.
2. Lighting. Lighting is very important. There is nothing worse than having a huge shadow over your face. Face directly into or away from the sun. If it’s the middle of the day and the sun is high, the shadows can look like bags under your eyes. The golden hour to shoot a photo is during sunrise or sunset, when the light is low and the most beautiful.
3. Apps and Filters. Use the right apps and filters. I’m addicted to VSCOcam.
4. Pose. Strike a pose. It usually takes 5 or 6 selfies before I have the right shot. You have to try it out and see what angle works the best for you. Practise in the mirror. For most people, the best angle for a selfie is one that’s slightly higher than their line of vision.
5. Be yourself. Selfies are fun. Don’t overthink it, show your followers that happy moment. Smile, Smize or do whatever makes you comfortable.